My Aged Care Packages (CDC)
Want to stay in your own home as you get older?
The Australian Government provides funding for older people wanting to stay at home, to allow access to personal care and other home services. This funding, via Home Care Packages, are provided on a Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis.
What is CDC (Consumer Directed Care)?
Consumer Directed Care is all about you. It’s about giving you more choice and control over what aged care services you receive, how they're delivered, when they're delivered, and by whom.
The main points of CDC:
- You get more say in the care and services you access, how they're delivered and who delivers them to you.
- You get to have clear conversations about your needs and goals.
- You work with us, your service provider, to develop your individual care plan.
- You agree how much involvement you have in managing your care package.
- You know how your package is funded and how your individual budget is spent through monthly income and expense statements.
- We will ensure that your package continues to meet your needs through ongoing monitoring and formal reviews.
How Do You Access A Home Care Package?
To be allocated a government-funded Home Care Package you must first contact My Aged Care. They will then refer you to the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) or the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) who will determine your package level, and organise an eligibility assessment.
Are you in the process of an ACAT assessment, or are about to be? Then it’s time to speak with us.
What Home Support Levels Are There?
The Australian Government provides four levels of Home Care Packages, with each relating to different levels of care and support needs.
- Home Care Level 1 – to support people with basic care needs.
- Home Care Level 2 – to support people with low level care needs.
- Home Care Level 3 – to support people with intermediate care needs.
- Home Care Level 4 – to support people with high care needs.
For more information, please feel free to visit the MyAgedCare website.
Are you finding the aged care process complex or confusing? If so, please contact our friendly staff on 08 8122 1433 for help. It will cost you nothing, and could save you hours!
Why Choose Zenitas Care To Help With Your Home Care Needs?
To experience the Zenitas Care Difference! Following are just some of the many reasons why choosing Zenitas Care will make a difference in your life:
- We are available 24/7, and service all of South Australia.
- We will personally guide you through the My Aged Care Process.
- We visit your home prior to commencing services to better understand your needs.
- We assign a dedicated, local aged care coordinator to every client.
- Whenever possible, we match our support workers to your needs and cultural beliefs.
- We respect that you are in charge of your home, and endeavour to be as unobtrusive as possible.
- Our staff are highly trainged, flexible, and can offer 24/7 assistance.
- We will constantly update your service plan to ensure that your needs are met as they change.
- We will work with you to tailor a flexible service plan that works for you, and will help you maximise your Home Care Package to ensure you get exactly what you need.
Want to discover how Zenitas Care can assist you to reach your goals?
Fill in your details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Otherwise please call us on 08 8122 1433
We look forward to hearing from you.
“My wife and I have been able to continue living in our own home due to the care and support provided by Zenitas Care. It has been a delight to be looked after by such capable, pleasant and well mannered people – nothing is too much trouble for them!”
D & J
"Thank you very much for sending Hanne to help me for the past two Fridays. She helped me to keep my mind on cleaning (which has been difficult for me) and most of all she talked to me like a normal person, something I haven't had for a long time. Hanne didnt make me feel guilty for having my dogs inside with me and she was very kind, happy company for me. Thank-you all."
"Wonderful service and care. Would highly recommend your company to anyone needing care. "
Caroline, Donald and Vera R.